April 16, 2011

Chicks n' Beanz

You know what I love?  

Baby.  Chickens.

But I can't.  I just can't.  WHERE WOULD I PUT THEM???

There was a big bucket of them today in my life.  And you know, when they're that small...they look so...portable?  Uninterfereing?  Like I can just pop one or two in my mouth and nobody would notice?

In the middle of that feed store, I went totally zen.  I closed my eyes and imagined what it would be like if I could just lay on the grass and snuggle with all 100 of them at the same time.  Now, I have four books all about chickens and small farms.  FOUR.  No.  I did not buy them.  I have an enabling grandmother (who drove me to these portable monsters) who figures she's getting too old to have anymore.  That doesn't mean she doesn't want them in her life, mind...


Anyway, I'm seriously considering chickens, now.  If you know me, you're probably not surprised.  In fact, you were most likely wondering why it took so long, right?  Right.  Oh, shut up, I hate you (love you).

Speaking of...well, not really speaking of anything, that's just lead in.  Speaking of speaking, I would also like to share with you my "damn, that's ghetto" contraption of the day.  Now, listen, I've made me some pretty ghetto things in my day, but this one really takes the cake.  Have you ever wondered what you should be doing with your rusted-ass baby gate you've been hoarding?  Well, have you also had a hankering fo' some beanz?  I know you so well.  That's why I made you this.

It's a bean trellis!  I told you I'd get you something pretty.   You're welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment